Optomed is a publicly listed medical technology company and a leading provider of handheld fundus cameras and screening software. Optomed combines handheld fundus cameras with screening software and artificial intelligence (AI) with the aim to transform the diagnostic process of blinding eye diseases, such as rapidly increasing diabetic retinopathy. We are very proud of our mission to prevent blindness by improving access to eye screening globally.
We are now looking for an SW Engineer or Senior SW Engineer to be part of the growing R&D team in Oulu, Finland.
This opportunity might be the best one for you if:
- you want to participate in developing new products and finding creative solutions for our global customers in the medical field.
- you are ready to learn new skills related to fascinating technologies including camera development, image processing, embedded systems and IoT.
We offer you a challenging task within the medical device industry, providing an excellent possibility to develop your personal and professional skills. We do our work in a hybrid model, working hours are flexible and take into account your personal needs outside of work. The position is permanent and full-time.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
- Software technology feasibility studies
- Software requirement specifications
- System-level software design including architecture and functional specifications
- Module-level software design and testing
The ideal candidate for this position has:
- At least 3 years of experience in SW design for embedded systems
- Experience in embedded Linux SW design
- Ability to work independently
- Strong team player skills
- Good problem-solving skills and hands-on attitude
- Good written and spoken English
Any of the following experiences will be an advantage:
- Good understanding of ARM processors, memories and peripherals
- Experience in camera systems and/or image processing
- Experience in WLAN / Bluetooth / TCP/IP networking development
- Experience in medical device development including related standards such as DICOM, HIPAA
- Experience in team or project leading
- Linux knowledge
- Yocto knowledge
Your future colleagues are waiting you to join the team!
Here is one of our employee’s thoughts about his work in the R&D team:
“Optomed provides a rare opportunity to work with the entire technology stack that goes to a device: optics, electronics, mechanics and software. All are designed under one roof. With embedded SW, it is very rewarding to almost immediately see the results of your work come alive in a tangible object. People at Optomed are capable, motivated and enthusiastic, it’s a bit contagious. It’s also nice to remember how Optomed products make a difference in the world, preventing blindness by providing affordable equipment for screening of eye diseases.”
Please send your application together with your CV and salary request to email@example.com by February 28, 2023. Please include “SW Engineer” in the subject line. We proceed immediately with potential candidates and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For further information, please contact SW Manager Ville Kiiskinen, tel. +358 40 59 48189 on Tuesdays at 12:30 – 13:30 or Fridays at 11:00 – 12:00.