Optomed is a Finnish medical technology company and a leading provider of handheld fundus cameras. Optomed combines handheld fundus cameras with software and artificial intelligence with the aim to transform the diagnostic process of blinding eye diseases such as rapidly increasing diabetic retinopathy. Our cameras are sold through different channels in over 60 countries. We have offices in Oulu, Espoo and Tampere in Finland and subsidiaries in China and in the US. Currently, we employ around 110 talented individuals.
We are now looking for a HW Design Engineer who is eager to test medical devices in our R&D team. You will be working in Technopolis Peltola in Oulu. The position is permanent and full-time.
– HW related system and module design for embedded systems
– Schematic design, testing and documentation work
– Minimum of 1 year of experience in HW-design and testing
– Applicable education in the field of electronics, embedded systems or similar (B.Sc., M.Sc.)
– Understanding of ARM processor environment and high-speed design
– Understanding of measurement instruments, HW- and EMC-testing
– Ability to work independently
– Strong team player skills
– Fluent written and spoken English
We offer you challenging yet rewarding career opportunities within the medical device industry providing an excellent possibility to develop your personal and professional skills. In addition, we offer you flexible working hours, comprehensive occupational health care, sport/culture vouchers and other employee benefits.
Please send your application together with your CV and salary request to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2021, at the latest. Please include “HW Design Engineer” in the subject line. We proceed immediately with potential candidates and the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For further information, please contact HW Team Leader Antti Ylönen +358 50 386 9191 (30.12.2020 and 8.1.2021 between 9-11 AM).